Occupational Therapist for Phoenixville Hospital's Acute Rehab
Occupational Therapists are health care professionals who provide customized treatment programs aimed at improving abilities to carry out the activities of daily living. They provide comprehensive evaluation of home and job environments and recommendations on necessary adaptation. They perform assessments and treatment for performance skills and make recommendations and provide training in the use of adaptive equipment to replace lost function. They also provide guidance to family members and attendants in safe and effective methods of caring for individuals upon returning home.
• Ability to demonstrate initiative, sound decision making skills, creativity, and problem solving.
• Must demonstrate competence in the assessment, treatment, and care of patients in all age groups from infancy to geriatrics
• Knowledge of the Occupational Therapy Practice Act of the State of PA and practices according to the Code of Ethics of the AOTA
• Strong organizational skills, ability to work independently with exceptional attention to detail.
• Excellent interactive communication skills.
• Knowledge of regulations and guidelines pertaining to confidentiality.
- A bachelor's degree
- Current PA Occupational Therapist Licensure
- A minimum of 1 year of experience as an occupational therapist
- Current BLS certification
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.