The Clinical Nurse II demonstrates competent practice within the professional practice model and demonstrates Phoenixville Hospital core values, which reflect its mission. The Clinical Nurse II provides direct care to patients who may range in age from infancy to the elderly and demonstrates competency within the domains of clinical judgment and decision-making, nurse-patient/family relationship, clinical leadership and clinical scholarship. The Clinical Nurse II practices collaboration with the health care team to facilitate the coordination of care across the continuum. The nurse demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide individualized care based on physical, psychosocial, cultural, educational, safety, and age appropriate considerations of assigned patients. The nurse complies with all regulations and standards of regulatory and accrediting bodies.
• Able to work and concentrate in an environment with multiple simultaneous stimuli such as phone, computers, monitor alarms and call lights. Must be able to hear equipment auditory sounds and alarms. Must be able to visualize computer screens, digital displays and monitor tracings.
• Judicious use of materials and supplies in the provision of direct and indirect patient care. Prevention of damage, misuse or loss of equipment in the provision of direct patient care.
• Must be proficient in the operation of clinical equipment/machines and computers found in patient care setting.
• Duties are performed in patient care areas. The potential for contacting patients with contagious disease is moderate to high. Also, there is moderate to high risk of exposure to serious environmental (e.g. physical, chemical, biological and emotional) hazards.
• Hours of Work: As determined by unit staffing patterns and patient care requirements. Variable hours of work (i.e. day, evening, and night shifts) and over-time may be required.