Unit Clerk/Patient Care Assistant in Phoenixville Hospital's Geriatric Observation/Emergency Department to cover occasional shifts as needed
Job responsibilities include clerical and other tasks supportive to care of patients of all ages, general unit activities and hospital as a whole. Patient population may include infants, children, adolescents, adult and elderly.- Self-initiative is needed for regularly completed tasks. Assists in maintaining a safe working environment. Responsible for providing secretarial support for all employees within an assigned nursing unit. Maintains and updates patients' records for a given unit. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. The Unit Clerk/PCA is responsible to the Nurse Manager of the assigned area.
-Requires a high school diploma or equivalent
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field
- Maintain Basic Life Support (BLS/CPR) Certification, required
- Minimum one year experience using medical terminology
- Prior experience as a patient care assistant/nursing aide in a hospital setting, required
- Prefer CNA license, or completion of the first semester of a Nursing School program