RN Case Manager, Supervisor for Phoenixville Hospital
Shift: Full-time, Day shift (40 hours per week)
The Case Manager Supervisor, under the direction of the Director of Case Management, serves as a mentor and educator to the staff and provides oversight of operational processes in the department regarding daily compliance. In addition, serves as an interdisciplinary team member to coordinate the delivery of health care services leading to quality outcomes for the inpatient hospital population and their families within the limits of the financial and social resources available to the patient and his family.
• BSN required; MSN preferred.
• Minimum 3 years of acute care clinical experience.
• Minimum of 2 years Clinical Case Management/Utilization Review experience
• Management experience preferred
• Ability to exercise supervisory skills and demonstrate leadership
• Advanced assessment and teaching skills
• Theoretical knowledge of the nursing process, case management and continuity of care
• Ability to maintain adequate physical and mental health to meet job performance standards
• Motivation for self-direction
• Able to relate and work with chronically ill and disabled patients of all ages, and with emotionally upset, and at times hostile people within the facility.
• Able to relate and work with various managed care representatives, defining the continuing need for medical treatment.
• Speak and read English fluently.
• Current RN license by the Pennsylvania state board of nursing
• Certified Case Manager (CCM) preferred.