Under the direction of a qualified physician and the Imaging Services Manager or designate, this position incorporates all the duties of a staff radiologic technologist.
The Radiologic Technologist provides patient services using imaging modalities, performs radiographic procedures, and applies principles of radiation protection and the ALARA principle to ensure quality management of all aged patients (neonate through geriatric). Exercises professional judgment in the performance of procedures, provides patient care essential to radiographic procedures, recognizes patient conditions requiring immediate action and initiates life support measures. Establishes and maintains a good rapport and professional relationship with fellow employees, other departments and the Medical Staff. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to, radiation safety, quality control, patient satisfaction, efficiency in scheduling and the adherence to all American College of Radiology.
High School Diploma or GED required.
Completion of formal Radiologic Technologist training at an AMA approved school.
Must successfully complete 60-day probation period.
Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills.
Must be ARRT Registered
Maintains appropriate CE credits as per the ARRT.
Current CPR for HealthCare Provider required.
• Ability to demonstrate initiative, sound decision making skills and problem solving.
• Knowledge of good body mechanics.
• Must demonstrate competence for the prescribed technical factors for the positioning of patients in all age groups from infancy to geriatrics.
• Knowledge of operating room radiographic procedures and the operation of the equipment required for that area.
• Knowledge of the use of sterile technique and the ability to maintain a sterile environment.
• Knowledge of the EMR for ordering and crediting of exams.
• Ability to perform contrast injections.
• Strong organizational skills, ability to work independently with exceptional attention to detail.
• Excellent interactive communication skills.
• Knowledge of regulations and guidelines pertaining to confidentiality.