Provides consultative and direct care for the management of breastfeeding mothers and babies. Oversees the Lactation Support Program which includes the training and use of Lactation resource Nurses and peer support staff. Functions as an advocate for staff members who are breastfeeding through the oversight of the Breastfeeding Pumping station on the R2E area. Provides post discharge follow up when deemed necessary.
Schedule: Availability to work between 7am-10pm.
• Accepted Nursing Education (Required); Bachelor's Degree: BA or BS in related field (Preferred); PA RN License (Required)
• BLS Certification (Required)
• IBCLC Lactation Specialist Certification (Required)
• NRP Certification (Required)
• 1-3 years of experience after achieving IBCLC status (Required)
• 1-3 years of experience in mother and infant care (Required)
• Required Skills: Excellent Communications Skills, Excellent Interpersonal Skills, Microsoft Word