This position requires being on-call on a rotating schedule.
Reporting to an Applications Manager, you will be a key player in supporting the Epic evolution of Tower Health as analyst that includes some training responsibility. As a member of the RHC Epic team, your contributions will involve:
- Spending approximately 20% of the time teaching hospital billing (primarily via WebEx), developing or maintaining curricula, and maintaining the training environment.
- Implementing, developing and maintaining the Epic system along with associated third party systems by investigating processes to understand operations and developing appropriate system solutions.
- Obtaining an in-depth knowledge of the Epic platform for your primary application and a general knowledge of other applications supported along with a detailed understanding of the integration of modules within the Epic Enterprise.
- Populating and maintaining the databases.
- Interacting with clients and demonstrating critical thinking and follow through.
- Embracing self-accountability for work while collaborating with a senior level analyst as needed for guidance on more complex workflow or system builds.
- Paying key attention to build and workflow requirements to achieve, maintain or improve compliance to federal initiatives and outcomes related to patient safety and quality initiatives.
- Establishing credibility at all levels and building partnerships with customers and colleagues.
- Providing on call support based upon application needs.