Patient Access Representative duties may include:
- The Patient Access Representative will assist with daily operational issues in a manner that meets or exceeds expectations for patient access, courtesy and understanding of issues and accuracy of response.
- Schedules all appointments for patients using the computerized scheduling system and works with the Supervisor to meet these goals.
- Responds to calls including patients, physicians, site staff and peers and determines the urgency of the situation.
- Confirms patient appointments and gives appropriate instructions by telephone.
- Completes registrations in a professional, accurate, customer-oriented and timely manner.
- Obtains and verifies information about patients health insurance electronically during the pre-registration process as outlined according to standard operating procedures.
- Participates fully in department quality and improvement initiatives.
- Maintains flexibility in work schedules to meet business needs including over-time.