Tower Health is a strong, regional, integrated healthcare provider/payer system that offers leading-edge, compassionate healthcare and wellness services to a population of 2.5 million people. Together, our six hospitals and other entities provide a full range of medical care from prevention, screenings & education; to the latest clinical services and surgeries available; to rehabilitation. We also offer wellness programs & public health services that ensure our communities are the healthiest they can be. Our caring, highly trained physicians and staff are committed to patient safety and patient satisfaction.
With more than 11,000 team members, Tower Health includes Reading Hospital, a teaching hospital based in West Reading; Brandywine Hospital in Coatesville; Chestnut Hill Hospital, a teaching hospital in Philadelphia; Jennersville Hospital in West Grove; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville; and Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown. We also operate Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing & Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences, & we have a comprehensive physician network.
Collaboration across Tower Health enables our hospitals, providers, leadership & staff to leverage best practices across the health system. Our hospitals have received national recognition for advanced care in areas such as neurosurgery and stroke, cardiac & vascular surgery, trauma, hematology & oncology. Reading HealthPlex, which opened at Reading Hospital in October 2016, combines state-of-the-art technology and world-class design to make the HealthPlex one of the most sophisticated surgical centers & inpatient facilities in the region.
At Tower Health, we have a rich history of providing high-quality, cost-effective care in the communities we serve. As the healthcare industry continues to change, one thing remains steadfast: Tower Health’s commitment to Advancing Health, Transforming Lives
• Tuition Reimbursement up to $8,000 a year
• Benefited position- eligible the first of the month after start date
• Free Parking in a covered garage
• Easy access to Routes 422, 76 and 29 and the PA Turnpike; 15 minutes to King of Prussia, 15 minutes to Limerick, and 45 minutes to
Unit Clerk/Patient Care Assistant for Phoenixville Hospital's Medical Surgical/Tele Unit- 2 South
Hours: full time 2300- 0700; every other weekend and every other holiday
- The Unit Clerk/Patient Care Assistant functions according to policies and procedures of Phoenixville Hospital and the Division of Nursing.
- Job responsibilities include clerical and other tasks supportive to care of patients of all ages, general unit activities and hospital as a whole.
- Patient population may include infants, children, adolescents, adult and elderly. Self-initiative is needed for regularly completed tasks.
- Assists in maintaining a safe working environment. Directions and supervision come from one or more registered nurses within the unit.
- The Unit Clerk/PCA is responsible to the Nurse Manager of the assigned area.
-High school diploma or equivalent required
-Maintain Basic Life Support (BLS/CPR) Certification required
-Minimum one year experience using medical terminology
-Prior experience as a patient care assistant/nursing aide in a hospital setting required
-CNA license, or completion of the first semester of a Nursing School program