Supervises and administers the facility Point-of-Care testing and department Quality Assurance programs under the direction of the department administrative and medical directors to meet patient care and regulatory agency requirements.
Works with facility and department leaders to implement new programs monitor performance, collect and evaluate performance data, develop corrective action plans, and assist in the training and education of personnel regarding Point-of-Care and Quality activities. Performs technical duties within the department as required.
Supports the department Director in achieving department goals for service, quality, regulatory compliance, financial performance, patient satisfaction, healthy work environment, and integration of intra and inter-departmental activities.
• Assure that proficiency testing samples are analyzed according to instructions and are completed within the allowable time frame.
• Review proficiency testing and/or quality assurance results and works with departments to develop corrective action plans, where indicated
• Consistently complete all required records/documentation pertaining to quality assurance and/or point-of-care testing records.
• Demonstrate the ability to use good judgment and independent thinking in the correlation and interpretation of patient results.
• Monitor accreditation agency licensure status and assists department director in preparing licensure and renewal paperwork (CAP, CLIA, business license, ect).
• Work with regulatory agencies and legal resources to ensure that licensure documentation is completed as required.
• Prepare annual program for Quality Control, Quality Assurance and Regulatory compliance under the guidance of the Department director
• Prepare annual assessment of Quality Control, Quality Assurance and Regulatory performance for assigned division. Assists Division Administrative and Medical Directors in reviewing performance data and identifying corrective actions
• Assure that equipment is operated correctly and periodic maintenance is performed according to schedule.
• Monitor the utilize of point-of-care reagents and supplies appropriately.
Education: - Bachelor Degree plus completion of accredited Medical Technology school. - Certification as Medical Technologist by ASCP or recent graduate eligible for certification. Experience/Abilities: - Able to meet sensory requirements of the job. - Capable of performing all laboratory tests and related calculations. - Able to participate in laboratory Quality Assurance Program. - Ability to perform phlebotomy services as required.