Director, Inventory & Distribution is responsible for applying Tower Health System Corporate Supply Chain methodologies throughout the organization; for supporting strategic departmental and organizational goals; for assisting with iVAT initiatives; and for planning, directing, supervising and evaluating all aspects of Supply Chain Inventory and PAR operations. Oversees the assigned Hospital Supply Chain staff, as well as the daily facility Supply Chain operations, and will act as a manager, liaison, and advisor on Supply Chain issues. Entails developing new ideas, systems, and technology, as well as analyzing and improving the existing infrastructure. Monitors and manages perpetual inventory stock, counting and inventory accuracy checks, and ensures the removal of obsolete or expired product to maximize availability of supplies. Proactively reviews processes in Inventory and PAR Supply Chain Management to evaluate effectiveness and accuracy of data; and meets with department heads and physicians to communicate supply updates and evaluate and respond to department needs. Proactively identifies and reports areas of potential concern or opportunity and recommends data-supported solutions to Corporate Supply Chain Leadership. Responsible for immediately alerting Corporate Supply Chain Leadership of any issues which may impact patient care and for maintaining productive communications concerning progress with initiatives, facility concerns, and process improvement recommendations. Directly responsible for fulfilling human resources responsibilities for staff, which involves staff development, performance evaluations, resolution of employee concerns, corrective actions, terminations, and overall employee morale. New hires and staff changes, as well as the interview process, must include and/or be pre-approved by Corporate Supply Chain Leadership. Responsible for preparing operating and capital budgets and controls expenditures within approved budget objectives and submitting budgets to Corporate Supply Chain Leadership. Expected to remain flexible to respond appropriately to changes in priorities and to exercise exceptional judgment in making data-supported decisions.
• Manages and leads staff appropriately by: (1) Conducting regularly scheduled staff meetings, (2) Preparing and completing goal setting, performance tracking and performance review meetings, (3) Proactively monitoring and controlling staff performance, (4) Ensuring staff have knowledge and skills required to perform their assignments, (5) Addressing staff concerns and performance issues in a timely fashion, (6) Mentoring and providing professional growth and counseling opportunities.
• Supports and encourages support of Tower Health mission, vision, and values, as well as departmental goals with all staff and partners.
• Supports and encourages support of Tower Health Corporate Supply Chain strategy, protocols, and practices with all staff and partners.
• Collaborates with other departments and Supply Chain Corporate Leadership to problem solve issues that impact department/organizations goals and/or patient care delivery.
OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE: Ensures and promotes inventory and distribution operational excellence in accordance with established Supports Tower Health Corporate Supply Chain protocols, policies, and practices. The Responsibility and Accountability ‘meets standards’ when:
• Continually and proactively reviews processes to eliminate redundancies, streamline processes, and improve productivity.
• Continually reviews and adjusts inventory and par levels to ensure optimization.
• Develops and produces daily reports and manage control measures to ensure mistakes, inaccuracies and discrepancies are highlighted, addressed, and resolved.
• Enforces Tower Health standardized processes for the placement of supplies in Department Storage areas to ensure consistency.
• Develops and maintains an updated critical list of items that are required to be held in inventory.
• Completes all corporately directed tasks in the time specified.
• Provides customer service beyond expectations.
• Conducts investigations into inventory management incidents to verify and resolve variances in a timely manner.
• Ensures that all contracting and capital purchasing follows established Tower Health Supply Chain processes.
*Bachelor’s Degree (Required)
Certification and Licensure Preferences:
Experience and Skills
5 Years Supply Chain Management Experience (Preferred)
Required Skills: Excellent Communication Skills, Excellent Interpersonal Skills, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, EHR Systems (Lawson and EPIC), MMIS systems, Leadership Skills, Technical Skills, Positive Attitude, Listening Skills